We are very excited to announce Annick Belanger’s return from maternity leave. Effective immediately, she is resuming her role as client services for John’s clients and as the main contact in our office for all insurance inquiries. She is looking forward to seeing all of our clients again.
If you have any questions or need assistance, please feel free to reach out to her at firstname.lastname@example.org or 780-490-4200 Ext. 104.
Learn a little more about Annick here.
You may have noticed we have adopted a new look. Some changes in Securities Regulations have made it necessary for us to hold ourselves out differently when discussing investment related activity as opposed to financial planning and insurance. As such, we have registered the names Blackburn Davis Wealth for investments and maintain Blackburn Davis Financial for our insurance and financial planning activity.
Because of this change we decided after almost 15 years, it was also time for a refreshed logo and brand. This new look has come with a new website and videos. We encourage you to browse our new website and would love to hear your feedback.
Please note that this is all that has changed. We remain the same people committed to your retirement and financial planning needs.
The Blackburn Davis Financial Team
We wanted to inform you that our office mailing address will change effective June 1, 2020. Please note that our physical office location is not moving, but the city has simply changed our address due to the LRT construction.
Our new address will be:
7345 ROPER ROAD NW
EDMONTON, AB T6E 0W4
All review meetings that take place at our office will continue to be in the same location.
Please see a map below showing how to access our office. If you have any questions, please don’t hesitate to reach out.
We are pleased to formally introduce you to our newest team member, Sammi Manuel. Some of you may have become familiar with her already as she began temporarily covering for Annick’s maternity leave at the end of August 2019. Sammi is now a permanent addition to our team and we are excited to have her on board. Please read on to learn a little bit more about her.
Sammi is an experienced administrator who has found her passion in the financial services industry. She is currently assisting both John and Kelley’s clients as well as taking care of insurance administration for all the firm’s clients.
Sammi has her Diploma in Legal Administration and previously worked at another financial planning firm in Kelowna. After relocating to Edmonton, Sammi joined our team in August 2019.
Outside of the office, Sammi loves to fill her time travelling, snowboarding, and spending time with her family and friends.
If you require assistance, you can contact her by email: email@example.com or phone: 780-490-4200 ext. 104.
Protecting our clients’ personal information is our top priority as a firm. Over the past year we embarked upon an IT audit and have taken a number of security measures to ensure we have the most robust systems and processes of data protection in place.
Here is a summary of the changes we have made:
- We moved from having a physical server in our office to a secure remote, cloud-based server
- We have implemented a secure file sharing system through Microsoft OneDrive for sending private documents instead of directly via email
- We implemented a secure password protector called LastPass to store all of our computer passwords and login information for all websites we use
- We have installed two-step verification on our cell phones for access to all computer passwords and login information
- We installed software on our cell phones that gives us the ability to remotely wipe them if lost or stolen
- We now use NPC Dataguard encrypted laptops and tablets which can be remotely wiped if lost or stolen
- We installed a secure guest wifi network in the office separate from the network our computers and tablets use
- When working remotely out of the office, we use a secure VPN (Virtual Personal Network) to access our internal systems
- We have moved to become a paperless office so we don’t have physical files that could be accessed or stolen. You will notice in future in-person review meetings that our advisors will be using a tablet
Although these measures were implemented with the sole intention of securing your information, we have discovered something equally important. We have been able to shift seamlessly from our physical office environment to completely secure home offices for our entire team. We have no need for paper files and we can continue to serve your needs remotely at the highest level. We are happy to have a small silver lining to this health crisis.
If you have any questions regarding these changes, please don’t hesitate to reach out.
As you may have seen, Finance Minister Bill Morneau announced on Wednesday that, as part of the immediate economic stimulus package, RRIF and LIF payments can be decreased by up to 25% if you so choose.
View Article: https://www.bnnbloomberg.ca/feds-lower-rrif-withdrawal-requirement-as-part-of-household-support-measures-1.1408320