The objective of financial planning is to define where you want to go. We will design the best approach for you to get there.
THE FINANCIAL PLANNING PROCESS
At Blackburn Davis Financial, we believe in a plan-driven approach to financial success. Here are some key steps to successful financial planning:
- Establish financial goals and objectives
- Ensure sufficient resources are available to meet emergencies that may arise
- Determine the disposable income needed to meet short, medium, and long-term goals while maintaining desired lifestyle
- Develop strategies to minimize the amount of taxes payable
- Ensure adequate income is available in the most tax effective manner to meet financial needs in retirement (see Retirement Planning)
- Identify the risks associated with the financial plan and develop appropriate strategies to mitigate those risks
- For business owners, ensure that personal needs dovetail with the needs of the business
- Ensure the financial plan is flexible so that necessary adjustments can be made should circumstances change or opportunities arise in the future
Watch The Financial Planning Process video.
Watch The Advantages of Professional Advice video.
THE ROLE OF YOUR BLACKBURN DAVIS FINANCIAL ADVISOR
We are a team of independent financial planning professionals with the experience and accreditation to handle any situation. We strongly believe that by being independent and not tied to any one financial institution, we have the ability to search the marketplace for products and services that suit you best. We develop recommendations in concert with your legal and tax advisors, and consult other professionals such as actuaries in order to ensure a comprehensive, coordinated plan. Once your plan is developed, we advocate on your behalf to ensure your Portfolio Manager and investment results are consistent with the rate of return required in your plan.