As mandated by Alberta Health Services, please find our office health protocols in anticipation of our re-opening on June 1st.
Early 2020 saw us complete an overhaul of our IT infrastructure. The main driver of this change was to secure our clients’ personal data in a paperless environment. Little did we know, a few weeks later, these changes would allow our entire office to work remotely during the early stages of the Covid-19 crisis. Although we were considered an essential service, our office remained closed because we wanted to be good corporate citizens and we were confident we could deliver excellent client service remotely. However, we now must set our minds to gearing back up again and offering personal face-to-face service for those who desire it. We are taking the following steps to deliver a safe and healthy environment for our clients and staff:
- Hand sanitizer is available at every desk and conference table in the office.
- We are fortunate not to have a lot of traffic in and out of the office. However, our front door will be wiped clean with recommended solution after every client, courier or staff entry and departure.
- Our staff all have their own contained offices and will be able to practice social distancing throughout the day.
- Our photocopier/scanner and kitchen appliances will be wiped clean after each usage. Our phones will be cleaned throughout the day.
- Masks will be provided for anyone who wishes to use them.
- Obviously, our team will be staying home with the slightest of symptoms. Should you not feel 100% please don’t worry about postponing any of our meetings.
- Clients will be offered an opportunity to sit 6 feet from their adviser during a meeting. All board rooms will be cleaned after each use.
- Our paperless process will allow us to share all your materials with you wirelessly from our tablets to our boardroom TV’s and then we can send them to you electronically if you wish. We need not exchange paper.
- For those where we normally travel to see you throughout Western Canada, we will be taking our cues from the Alberta government’s domestic travel protocols. Of course, we remain available via phone and video call.
- As mandated by Alberta Health, our health protocols are posted on our website.
All investment and insurance companies are accepting electronic signatures either through DocuSign or scans of ink signatures. We also continue to offer the ability to securely upload all materials we exchange with you through our online portal. The above measures will allow us to meet anyone who wishes to see us in person in a safe and healthy environment. It is up to you if you want to meet in person; we are available to serve your needs safely either way.
All the best of health and positive spirits in these unusual times.
We wanted to inform you that our office mailing address will change effective June 1, 2020. Please note that our physical office location is not moving, but the city has simply changed our address due to the LRT construction. Our new address will be:
7345 ROPER ROAD NW
EDMONTON, AB T6E 0W4
All review meetings that take place at our office will continue to be in the same location. Please see a map below showing how to access our office. If you have any questions, please don’t hesitate to reach out.
We are pleased to formally introduce you to our newest team member, Sammi Manuel. Some of you may have become familiar with her already as she began temporarily covering for Annick’s maternity leave at the end of August 2019. Sammi is now a permanent addition to our team and we are excited to have her on board. Please read on to learn a little bit more about her.
Sammi is an experienced administrator who has found her passion in the financial services industry. She is currently assisting both John and Kelley’s clients as well as taking care of insurance administration for all the firm’s clients.
Sammi has her Diploma in Legal Administration and previously worked at another financial planning firm in Kelowna. After relocating to Edmonton, Sammi joined our team in August 2019.
Outside of the office, Sammi loves to fill her time travelling, snowboarding, and spending time with her family and friends.
If you require assistance, you can contact her by email: email@example.com or phone: 780-490-4200 ext. 104.
Please find the material below for the eighth topic in our financial education program for children ages 13-17:
For Parents: 13-17 Topic 8 (Fraud Prevention)
Resources for Students:
- Canadian Bankers Association – Your Money Students Article ‘I Want to Learn More
About: Keeping My Money Safe’: View on Website
- BMO Your Financial Life Article ‘8 Ways to Protect Your Kids (and Wallet) From
Cybercrime’: View on Website
- CPA Blog Article ‘How to Protect Kids from Scams’: View on Website